Hey There!! OMG, soooo a fun little fact about me is that I have a serious dislike for the color red! Well, let me be clear…I don’t like the color red on ME! ***Only exception is 49er gear which is more like skin rather than clothing….just saying!
Nothing wrong with the actual color but we all know what does and doesn’t look good on us, red is one of those for me.
Anyways, recently while out shopping this red number caught my eye and I think it even spoke to me like, “Kayllaaaaaaa….” and long story short, it ended up in my closet shortly after. Not only is it hard for me to find a red number that I like, but I literally fell in LOVE! To add a little flare to it, I added a golden clip flower that I had sitting around the house and I think it made for a great pop. Don’t have an accessory to add? Fear not! The dress comes with it’s own tie long enough to create a fun bow!
**HINT- take your wrap/tie from a similar dress in a different color for an added color POP!
Lets go over the oh so Trendy deets!
- Stripes Galore- If you know me, then you may know that I have a forever obsession with anything striped!
- Ruffles- have you seen my blog post titled, …In Ruffle Pants I Trust, in anything ruffle…I trust!
- One Shoulder- Uhm yes! It’ll keep me cool AND trendy all summer long
- High-Low- The dress is lower in the back and comes up higher in the front!
- Holiday Perfection- Thinking I may reuse this dress for the holidays this summer!
I found this dress at Ibiss, who doesn’t have an online boutique just yet but I’ve added their contact information if you’re wanting this particular number as well as linked a few similar ones below!
Happy Shopping Darlings <3
SHOP MY LOOK
Ibiss (San Jose): (408) 295-8200, $39
Pink Blush, $39, Red Striped Flounce Trim One-Shoulder Wrap Dress
Forever 21, $33, Stripe Ruffle One-Shoulder Midi Dress
Nordstrom, $119, Green Striped Ruffle & Bow Dress
Asos, $32, Striped Bardot Dress
Beyond Proper, $98, STRIPE TASSEL TIE MAXI DRESS